Sunday, March 28, 2010

Creature of Habit

I guess we are all creatures of habit in some way or another. When I used to get ready for work, I did the same thing every morning of every work day. If I needed to leave early I could never wake up early enough to go through my morning routine and some of it would be cut out and hence making for an "off" day.

Since Bugs started sleeping in her own bed at six weeks, we have had a normal bedtime ritual. She eats her dinner, takes a bath if it's bath night, put sleepy time lotion on her and put her into the footie pajamas. Every night since then, we have done this.

I bought her some cute 2 piece pj's that had a cute t-shirt and pants or shorts. Friday I decided to try them out. HUGE MISTAKE!

We went through the ritual, put on the new pj's and since she didn't have a nap that afternoon, I knew she would be out in about T-minus 60 seconds. Boy, was I wrong.

Bugs proceeded to scream and cry for a good 20 minutes. We went in to grab her and get her settled down for bed, again. About 10 minutes later and some serious yawning and eye rubbing we laid her down in bed. She continued to scream and cry and fuss. I waited about 20 minutes before I headed back in there.

Then it hit me....she doesn't like the new pj's. I walked into her room and grabbed the trusty ol' footed pj's and changed her right then and there. I left the room again and less than 5 minutes later, she was completely O-U-T! Not another fuss or muss coming from the monitor.

I should have seen it coming with my little bull-headed Taurus. She loves her routine and she will let you know when something is not right. Won't be trying new pj's anytime soon! I wonder how long this is going to go on and what is the largest size pj's I can buy for her so she can wear them for as long as she needs to! :)

She was probably about 3 months old in this picture of her sleeping peacefully in her pj's!

No comments: